SubjectRe: [dq] Theif
FromBernard Hoggins
DateWed, 2 Mar 2005 22:10:33 +1100 (EST)
--0-584761361-1109761833=:94188
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I haven't playtested thief for the simple reason I don't see that we need a new thief.  Well that and the party is wandering through wilderness & noob's at court.  No real opportunities for a thief of either old or new kind to use their skill, but plenty for spy/courtier's to play political intreuge.

The basis behind the spy rewrite was that it was an identical skill effectivly to thief as I understood it, thus if we change one the other doesn't need changing on this basis.  The Thief skill works as is and I've seen it done quite well in several games I've played in.  Not to say I disagree with the new thief's structure, it probably is a better way in a vauge sense of doing things than at current, but...  In general any rewrite of thief at this point seems more like changing it for the sake of changing it rather than a fix.

To fix comparative things you have to change one component at a time after all, to see how each change relates back to your original before the change, if you change everything at once, you have no idea where any inbalance(if there is one) has come from

Mandos Mitchinson <mandos@allowed.to> wrote:
Once again a call for comment regarding theif as it has been in playtest now for a few quarters.

Other than Andrew disliking the format and Bernard not trying it because Andrew doesn't like the format are there any other comments on it?

For those who havn't loked at it yet, it is on the www.dragonquest.org.nz
site.

From Bernard Hoggins
nevyn0ad@yahoo.co.uk

---------------------------------
Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.

--0-584761361-1109761833=:94188
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<DIV>
<DIV>I haven't playtested thief for the simple reason I don't see that we need a new thief.&nbsp; Well that and the party is wandering through wilderness &amp; noob's at court.&nbsp; No real opportunities for a thief of either old or new kind to use their skill, but plenty for spy/courtier's to play political intreuge.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The basis behind the spy rewrite was that&nbsp;it was an&nbsp;identical skill effectivly to thief as I understood it, thus if we change one the other doesn't need changing on this basis.&nbsp; The Thief skill works as is and I've seen it&nbsp;done quite well in several games I've played in.&nbsp; Not to say I disagree with the new thief's structure, it probably is a better way in a vauge sense of doing things than at current, but...&nbsp; In general any rewrite of thief at this point seems more like changing it for the sake of changing it rather than a fix.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>To fix comparative things you have to change one component at a time after all, to see how each change relates back to your original before the change, if you change everything at once, you have no idea where any inbalance(if there is one) has come from<BR><BR><B><I>Mandos Mitchinson &lt;mandos@allowed.to&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Once again a call for comment regarding theif as it has been in playtest now for a few quarters.<BR><BR>Other than Andrew disliking the format and Bernard not trying it because Andrew doesn't like the format are there any other comments on it?<BR><BR>For those who havn't loked at it yet, it is on the www.dragonquest.org.nz<BR>site.</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>From Bernard Hoggins<br>nevyn0ad@yahoo.co.uk<p><br><hr size=1>
Find local movie times and trailers on <a href="http://au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/*http://au.movies.yahoo.com" target=_blank><b>Yahoo! Movies.</b></a><br>
--0-584761361-1109761833=:94188--

-- to unsubscribe notify mailto:dq-request@dq.sf.org.nz --