SubjectRe: [dq] Handbook Word Doc.
From
DateSun, 23 Apr 2006 3:58:26 +1200
I have read the whole thread and i agree with Jim and Mandos.

I acknowledge there are vague concerns but unless there is a threat that somehow we would end up loosing the ability to use DQ or the material we have produced (ie by minor edits  and publishing someone else gains copyright and stops us using our 'version' (gee, like windows?) then what the hell?

On the other hand, what can we loose by copylefting all agreed documents? 

Martin, you showed there are at least two choices, can you develop one reccomendation and wording for the next gods meeting? I would not use the list to gain feedback, try wiki.

In the mean time, lets send the stuff to Todd. Or tell him we are waiting on copylefting it and it will be sent in June?

BTW - Todd emailed me, oh five years ago?, asking some questions and seeking some guidance. He has a group of DQers and happily plays the game with some variations. Glad to see he is still involved.

BBTW - i have been in Mauritania long enough now to notice there are gradations to 'warm'. this morning it was 'not quite warm as it will be'. I am writing this at 4 pm, so it is now 'loosing some of the warmth we have just enjoyed'.

Ian

> 
> From: raro002@ec.auckland.ac.nz
> Date: 2006/04/20 Thu PM 12:55:16 GMT+12:00
> To: dq@dq.sf.org.nz
> Subject: Re: [dq] Handbook Word Doc. You people worry about crap.
> 
> O
> 
> my
> 
> God.
> 
> Jim
> 
> Quoting Martin Dickson <martin.dickson@gmail.com>:
> 
> > On 4/20/06, Errol Cavit <ecavit@tollnz.co.nz> wrote:
> > >
> > > I feel vaguely nervous about this, but I'm can't articulate why.
> > >
> >
> > Ditto.
> >
> > Do we know why the gentleman wants Doc over PDF?  (Doc over LaTeX is one
> > thing, but doc over pdf suggests a desire to edit).
> >
> > - Martin
> >
> 
> 
> -- to unsubscribe notify mailto:dq-request@dq.sf.org.nz --
>

-- to unsubscribe notify mailto:dq-request@dq.sf.org.nz --