Subject[dq-announce] Healer - Changes proposed for voting
FromStephen Martin
DateTue, 13 May 2008 22:28:08 +1200 (NZST)
I propose the following changes (as previously discussed) to Healer to be voted on at the next
gods/guild meeting.

Specific details below, but in summary:
* definition of 'Body Parts'
* rewording of Repair, shouldn't be any effective change
* ability to reattach limbs
* Regen Time changed to be the same as Repair for the Healer (20-23 hours), but will take longer
for the target if doing a full limb regen (approx 10 days instead of 7).

Cheers, Stephen.

----------------
Healer

37 Intro...

For the purposes of the Healer skill, an entity's body parts are the head, torso, and each limb.
Vital Organs are the heart, stomach, viscera (liver, small and large intestines and kidneys),
genitalia, brain, and eyes.

Repair Damage

Base Chance: 90 + Rank
Time: 50 hours - 3 / Rank
A healer may repair torn, damaged, or broken muscles, bone, tissues and organs. Generally these
abilities will be used to repair the effects of Grievous Injuries.

A Healer may repair all injuries to one body part at the same time. To use Repair, a body part
must be mostly intact and no more than half damaged. Regeneration is required for more significant
healing.

A healer can act as a cosmetic surgeon. First, they sedate their patient with the soothe pain
ability. They then slice and reshape the skin, muscles, and bones which are deemed unsightly, and
make them whole with the appropriate repair ability. Unless the healer has also learnt
regeneration, it is best that they work with a partner.

Reattach Body Parts

Time: 30 minutes - 2 / Rank
A Healer able to Repair Muscle may reattach a severed body part. The reattached body part may be
Repaired to full functionality provided the wound meets the requirements of repair and it was
severed for no more than Rank minutes. Or it may be Regenerated to full functionality provided it
was severed for no more than Rank hours.

Regeneration

Time: 50 hours - 3 / Rank (refer below)
A healer can regenerate every portion of an entity’s body including vital organs and
severely damaged or severed body parts. A healer must regenerate each vital organ or body part
separately.

Regeneration will regenerate [Healer Rank] percent of a missing body part or vital organ per day
costing the target [Healer Rank] FT per day. A Healer must initiate the Regeneration of a body
part or vital organ, the regeneration will then continue unattended until the regrowth is complete
or the healing area sustains further significant damage.

A regenerated vital organ will immediately begin to function if enough of the rest of the
entity’s body is in working order. Otherwise, the vital organ will be dormant until the
healer can repair or regenerate the necessary body parts. The regeneration time does not need to
be consecutive, but the damaged part will not function nor continue growing until the regeneration
time is complete.

-- to unsubscribe notify mailto:dq-announce-request@dq.sf.org.nz --

Subject[dq] E&E Quickness & Slowness
FromJonathan Bean
DateTue, 13 May 2008 23:55:32 +1200
------=_Part_3650_32479527.1210679732968
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi all,

I would like to see Quickness and Slowness (and Agony) changed so that
combat runs mor smoothly and quickly. I understand that 'Quickness and
Slowness' is 'the' strong offering by the E&E mages to any group and want
any replacement or change to also be strong.

In general:
I would like to see Quickness changed to be: a plus to TMR and plus to IV.
I would like to see Slowness changed to be a minus to TMR and a minus to IV.

Quickness:
*Same BC, Range, EM, Targets etc*
The targets becomes faster when under the effect of this spell. They gain; 1
+1 TMR per 3 full ranks. The target also gains 10 + 5 per 5 full ranks to
their IV (ie either 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30). The targets TMR is will not
exceed the rank in the spell.

Example: So at rank 12 the 4 targets would get +4 TMR but not over a total
of TMR 12. So Bash the Giant already on 9 TMR would only gain +3 TMR from
the spell. Oscar the Dwarf on 3 TMR would gain the full +4 TMR leading to a
new total of 7 TMR. Both would gain +15 IV.

Slowness:
*Same BC, Range, EM, Targets etc*
The targets becomes slower when under the effect of this spell. They lose; 1
+1 TMR per 4 full ranks. The targets also loses at ranks 5, 10, 15 and 20
the same amount to their IV (ie either 5, 10, 15 or 20 to IV). The targets
TMR will never go lower than 2 TMR.

What do other people think?

-- 
Kind regards,

Jonathan Bean
H: +64 9 828 2959
M: +64 21 917 173
G: jonobean@gmail.com

------=_Part_3650_32479527.1210679732968
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi all,<br><br>I would like to see Quickness and Slowness (and Agony) changed so that combat runs mor smoothly and quickly. I understand that &#39;Quickness and Slowness&#39; is &#39;the&#39; strong offering by the E&amp;E mages to any group and want any replacement or change to also be strong.<br>
<br>In general:<br>I would like to see Quickness changed to be: a plus to TMR and plus to IV. <br>I would like to see Slowness changed to be a minus to TMR and a minus to IV.<br><br>Quickness:<br><b>Same BC, Range, EM, Targets etc</b><br>
The targets becomes faster when under the effect of this spell. They gain; 1 +1 TMR per 3 full ranks. The target also gains 10 + 5 per 5 full ranks to their IV (ie either 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30). The targets TMR is will not exceed the rank in the spell.<br clear="all">
<br>Example: So at rank 12 the 4 targets would get +4 TMR but not over a total of TMR 12. So Bash the Giant already on 9 TMR would only gain +3 TMR from the spell. Oscar the Dwarf on 3 TMR would gain the full +4 TMR leading to a new total of 7 TMR. Both would gain +15 IV.<br>
<br>Slowness:<br><b>Same BC, Range, EM, Targets etc</b><br>
The targets becomes slower when under the effect of this spell. They
lose; 1 +1 TMR per 4 full ranks. The targets also loses at ranks 5, 10, 15 and 20 the same amount to their IV (ie either 5, 10, 15 or 20 to IV). The targets TMR will never go lower than 2 TMR.<br><br>What do other people think?<br>
<br>-- <br>Kind regards,<br><br>Jonathan Bean<br>H: +64 9 828 2959<br>M: +64 21 917 173<br>G: <a href="mailto:jonobean@gmail.com">jonobean@gmail.com</a>

------=_Part_3650_32479527.1210679732968--

-- to unsubscribe notify mailto:dq-request@dq.sf.org.nz --